The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Surprises Ensue After Returning To Work.....

Brother Can You Spare a Dime a Hard Drive?

I will be the first to admit, I suffered a bit of system shock when I declared myself fit to go back to work.

I am fit to go back to work.....

I just forgot how much a productive day can eat into inventory.

I've done 8 installs in 2 weeks and while it did take some out of me, it wasn't anything a good night's sleep couldn't fix.

Parts inventory however is another story.

We ramped up our operations with three weeks left in the school year.  But still, when we let it be known that we had computers to give away to financially-strapped kids, they darned near tore the door down.

But that's ok.....

It's what we do.

Fact is, we entirely depleted our laptop hard drive supply,  I have a few 160 Gig IDE's but I am going to sell those on Ebay because they are getting harder to find and therefore drive up a good price.  Any funds earned of course will go back into operating costs

I can't use IDE drives anyway....we're getting some pretty good laptop donations and most of them are Centrino core duos.

It's a good problem to have I guess.  Great laptops donated with the hard drive removed.

Safety first...and corporate recycle regulations of course.  That's fully understandable.

So with our dual front fundraiser begins next month (detail follow later) we are in need of SATA laptop hard drives of the 120 gig persuasion or greater.  I know that many readers are the main headliners for their tech department, so if you have any of these around that can be spared, I can most certainly put them to work.

Immediately if not sooner.  ;-))

If you have drives to contribute, you can get in touch by clicking the "contact Reglue" area at the top left of this page or just email me directly: helios@fixedbylinux  dott komm

Thanks for helping us do what we do.



All-Righty Then

0 comments: