The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I love this time of year. Let's do this.

We finally got a real temperature-dropping cool front for Central Texas this week. Up until now, the daily temps have been in the 90s with a couple of days in the high 80s. I just brought Astro in from his evening walk and I am such a sissy when it comes to the cold, I put a sweater on. That's really pretty sad. It's 52 degrees and I'm trying to remember where I hung my winter bomber.

Otherwise, things are pretty good considering. Last week's heavy rains found a weak spot in the Reglue roof and leaks ensued. a bunch of our workship acoustic ceiling tiles dropped to a gloppy mess on the floor. As if that wasn't bad enough, the wet tiles and subsequent leak ruined over 30 of our monitors. Like it couldn't leak on the stuff ready to go to recycle. It had to leak on the one item we are chronically short on - sheesh.

But, we'll survive. Speaking of...

October 15th kicks off our annual Reglue Indiegogo fund raiser. We are off to a late start due two sponsors dropping out of communication. That was a surprise to say the least but we'll make it work. You can always support us by providing various perks. We will need a number of 16 gig flash drives for example. We'd love to hear from you if you can provide them for us.

We've improvised and came up with an ever-growing list of perks that we are
offering this year. From a complete Time Weaver Chronicles ebook set to a refurbished quad core, 12 gigs of RAM Dell, we regained our perk footing fairly fast. There are more on the way over the 60 day campaign. Please stop by and give us a hand if you can. It's going to be a good year for us.

I've worked hard this year to bring us back up to speed after a 15 month recovery session from cancer treatments. I am extremely excited about the coming year. We have so much planned...so many people we can help.

W just need your help to do it.

Also, watch for my weekly article at FOSS Force on the 21st. I'll be making an important announcement and I think it's important that all my friends know what's happening.

I want to thank you ahead of time for the help you provide my organization. It's been you since the beginning that has brought us to where we are and I am hopeful it is you that helps us help even more disadvantaged kids in the future.

All-Righty Then...

0 comments: